We are pleased to advise that the UK Government has relaxed its Covid-19 restrictions and tennis has recommenced at our Club.
Singles play only will be permitted, except that doubles play will be permitted, where players are all from the same household.
Please note the new booking and rule changes (see below) that have been necessary to try to reduce the risk of infection and ensure the safety of all.
TWC Tennis Covid-19 Rules
- Singles play only is permitted except that doubles play is permitted where players are all from the same household
- Members must book courts online and name all playing partners
- If signing in a guest, the member must select the correct guest fee from the list of playing partners on the dropdown menu and make payment for their guest at the time of booking
- The Club gates will open at 7.30am and close at 8pm. No court lights will be available.
- Members must arrive at the time of their booking and no earlier and must vacate their court 5 minutes before the end of their booking. This is to avoid unnecessary interaction with other members
- When playing only with members of your household, only one set of tennis balls is required
- When playing with a member from another household, each player must have their own marked tennis balls and must not handle anybody else’s tennis balls
- Stay at least 2m away from each other at all times
- Change ends at the opposite side of the net to one another
- Avoid all handshaking and physical contact
- Gloves are optional
- Clean your hands with hand sanitizer immediately before and after playing
- Leave the court gates slightly ajar so no-one needs to handle them
- There is no access to the clubhouse and therefore no toilet facilities available
- The bubble will remain closed until further notice
- The water fountains are out of use
PLEASE NOTE THAT FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES WILL PUT OTHERS AT RISK AND MAY RESULT IN THE CLUB BEING CLOSED
During phase one, we regret that it will not be possible to have either social mix-ins or any of the adult group coaching sessions.
Members must book their own courts, online, using mycourts, which is now live again. Members will be restricted to one booking only per day. Please be courteous to other members and not book too many courts in advance. Court usage will be monitored to ensure that all members get fair access and the booking rules may have to change, if this is not achieved.
The ground staff have been busy preparing the grass courts for our return. Once the grass courts have opened, these will also be bookable online in the same way as any other court, but only from 10am on the day of play This is to prevent members from needing to use the onsite touch screens. Check-in will not be required. Teh Tennis Director will be at the Club to monitor court usage.
In due course, there will be several hand sanitiser dispensers installed at locations around the courts for your use. In the meantime, please bring your own.
Members may book private one-on-one lessons during phase one of our re-opening. Please note that only the coaches will be allowed to handle the balls. MEMBERS SHOULD NOT TOUCH THE BALLS PROVIDED BY THE COACHES. This should limit the chance of infection through contact with tennis balls. The coach and the member should also remain on opposite sides of the net throughout the lesson.
We would also like to reiterate the advice regarding any members who may experience symptoms of Covid-19. Any member who experiences symptoms of Covid-19 must stay away from the Club for the 14-day isolation period as set out by the UK Government. If you come down with symptoms after playing, please inform me by email so I can help with contact tracing measures. This is to ensure the health and safety of all of our members and staff.
We appreciate your cooperation with all of the guidelines set out above and are confident we can make this work. We also look forward to us progressively relaxing the restrictions, as government advice and LTA guidance changes.
At a Glance
- 16 courts - variety of surfaces
- 7 beautifully maintained grass courts
- 7 Artificial clay (3 airdome courts Oct to May!)
- 1 Acrylic, 1 Indoor Greenset "Trophy"
An outstanding members only tennis club
Social tennis sessions
Internal competitions (Box Leagues, Club Championships)
Junior & Adult group and individual coaching sessions
Excellent facilities inc. showers and sauna
Restaurant & Bar
To view next week's court schedule () please click here.