Come and play with us!
Mens 1s League Champions 2018
With 9 men's teams, 7 ladies' teams, Back to Hockey sessions and a thriving junior section it has never been a better time to be a womble. From elite players to beginners, we are welcoming players of all abilities. For full info regarding membership fees etc please click on our 'Join Us' page. The contacts for senior and junior hockey enquiries are:
Senior hockey - Tom McCarthy firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior hockey (U5-U16) - Jenny Walker email@example.com
What's On & Club Info:
SUMMER HOCKEY 2019
Don’t put your stash away just yet…for the first time Wimbledon Hockey Club are hosting SUMMER HOCKEY!
We are running an 8-week, 7-a-side mens, ladies and mixed tournaments for senior players (ages 16+ yrs) on our brand-new state-of-the-art pitch at Raynes Park High School!
Dates: 13thMay – 5thJuly
Time: 7.30pm or 8.30pm start (depending on the week’s schedule)
Venue: Raynes Park High School
Ladies tournament (Surrey div 1-3 standard)
Men’s tournament (mixed ability)
Men’s & Ladies Tournament
If you would like to take part in our Monday and Tuesday tournaments , please send an email to our Head of Summer Hockey - Merie King (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following details:
- Tournament you would like to enter (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Team Name
- Captains Name
- Captains email
- Contact number
On Thursdays (7.30-9.30pm) we will be running a mixed hockey for all abilities! Just turn up in your kit, pay a fiver and join in the fun! Teams will be allocated on arrival and will be mixed up each week. Members and non-members are welcome 😊
Summer League is a great opportunity for all budding umpires to work on your skills! If anyone on your team is interested in being paid to umpire matches (£10 per session), please include the following details in your email: Name(s), Email & Mobile no
Team entry for Monday & Tuesday tournaments is £350 per team.
Once we have received your enquiry, we will confirm your place and send you all the info you need to pay, as well as your team’s tournament schedule. Payment must be received by 25 April 2019 to confirm your entry. Please do not send payment until we have confirmed your place!
On Thursdays simply bring £5 cash!
SUMMER HOCKEY RULES
Please remember that these leagues will have players of all ages and abilities, so play safe!
- General Rules for All Summer tournaments
- Games will be played on half a full-pitch
- 3 Points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss.
Umpires provided - however we will always encourage teams to volunteer for sessions before and after :)
Please collect and return all balls
Season 2018-19 rules apply
- Rules for Men's and Women's tournaments
- Leagues of 8 teams over 8 weeks will follow a round robin format, playing one game a week
- Games are 25 minutes each way
- Fully kitted GKs are compulsory.
- Games will be played on half a hockey pitch with full sized Ds
- Hitting at goal allowed. Hitting out of defence allowed. Hitting anywhere else not allowed.
- Penalty corners awarded in normal way. 2 players on the defending team must stand in the opposite D
- In the unavoidable event there is no goalkeeper, then there are to be no penalty corners and a free hit at the closest point 5 metres outside the D is awarded. The opposite team will still be allowed to hit at goal
- Rules for Mixed Hockey
- 7-a-side teams allocated on arrival - bibs provided
- No Goal Keepers required, however are always welcome
- A minimum of 3 girls on pitch at all times
- No hitting anywhere on the pitch
- No penalty corners, instead teams can take a free hit at the closest point 5 metres outside the D
- No aerials anywhere on the pitch including lifted balls at goal
- No penalty flicks unless a goalie is present. If a defensive foul stops what otherwise would have been a goal, the team must complete 5 tap-ups in a row to earn a penalty goal